Spring weather is in the air this week, we’ve had quite a few days that have been sunny and in the sixties 🙂
I’ve started my vegetable garden seeds indoors over the weekend. Now I patiently wait to see signs of life. I get so excited when I see tiny bits of green coming out of the soil.
This year I got seeds from a company that specializes in Heirloom Non-GMO seeds. I want to try to save seeds from this years harvest to plant to next year … wish me luck 🙂
Here’s my list of the 7 vegetables I’ll always have in my garden … my standbys for having fresh produce for summer and fall.
- Tomatoes ~ I just love fresh tomatoes … there’s nothing like the first bite of a vine ripened tomato of the season … I’m planting Roma and Grape tomatoes
- Peppers ~ Green Bell Peppers and Jalapeño
- Broccoli ~ Lots of broccoli
- Green Beans ~ I like the kind that climb up a trellis
- Cucumbers ~ I like the burp-less variety
- Carrots ~ I’m actually planting these in large planters, they seem to grow straighter in the softer soil … no rocks means less resistance
- Potatoes ~ This year I’m trying these in a large container as well … hopefully, I’ll be able to just dump the container and pick up the taters
Spring is my favorite time in the garden … planting is fun ~ weeding and watering ~ not so much 🙂
Many thanks to http://www.manylittleblessings.com & http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/ for co-hosting List It Tuesday 🙂
The items you list are consistently present in my imaginary garden. Does that count? Haha. We haven’t had the space for a real one yet, but are moving in a few weeks. Next year, hopefully my imaginary garden will become a real one 🙂
I hope you are able to plant a garden soon … the veges from a real one taste so much better than imaginary ones 🙂