It’s Fall … or do you call it Autumn ? Either way, it’s my favorite season !
While I do like summer, heat and humidity are not my friends. I think what I like the most about summer is the longer hours of daylight and the relaxed, more laid back schedule.
I really enjoy Fall weather … warm, sunny afternoons with crisp, cool mornings and evenings. To me, Fall weather is perfect for outdoor festivals and activities.
Here are some of my favorite things to do:
1) Walking or driving through a wooded area (like a state park or forest preserve) to see the magnificent colors of the changing leaves.
2) Going apple picking at a local orchard. I love picking an assortment of varieties ~ they all taste so good. Speaking of tasting good, many orchards have bakery goods for sale … apple cider donuts … Yum 🙂
3) Going to a football game ~ NFL or a local college (more budget friendly and, I think more fun). The atmosphere is fun and exciting … and tailgating is so much fun.
4) Visit a pumpkin farm … most of them have fun activities like hayrides and corn mazes, besides picking out the very best pumpkin for Halloween.
5) Spending an evening sitting around a fire toasting marshmallows and sipping hot apple cider.
6) The weather is usually great for going to an outdoor Arts & Crafts show … I’ve been known to start picking up some Christmas gifts at these shows.
7) The cooler weather calls for comfort foods and freshly baked goodies … I just love anything made from pumpkin or apple cinnamon 🙂
8) Spending the afternoon raking all the leaves into piles with your family and friends and then jumping into them … then doing it again and again.
9) Fall Festivals are fun because it gives you one last opportunity for taste all the “fried everything” festival type food and ride some carnival rides before the snow blows and we have the long wait til next summer.
10) Handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters on Halloween … especially to the little ones … they’re just soo cute 🙂
I love all these things too! I do believe that autumn may be my favorite season too for all the reasons you stated. I love summer and I don’t mind a little humidity, but I don’t like too much humidity that I have to have the ac on all the time. I also love having coffee with a good friend so we should do that sometime in November (after the show is done). Sound good? Maybe we can find some cute little coffee shop somewhere that isn’t necessarily a big name place but has good coffee and baked goods. OH OH OH… I just thought of something! What about a day in Long Grove? I haven’t been there in ages and I think it may be beautiful this time of year! We’ll have to think about that. Maybe do some early Christmas shopping in beautiful autumn weather?? Let me know if you have a day in November open. 🙂
Umm … YES 🙂