Autumn is officially here (even though it feels like Indian summer) … the holidays will be here before we know it. To me, the holidays are all about spending time with family and friends ~ near and far. You may already be checking airfares to find the best deal. When you travel to see your loved ones, don’t forget about pet care for your fur babies … they are family too! Who will take care of them? Continue reading
Hope these Tips “help” when you are choosing the person you will be hiring to care for your pets and home while you are away.
- Always meet with the pet sitter in your home. Watch how they interact with your pet and how your pet interacts with them. Be alert for any hints that it may not be a good match … animals are usually a pretty good judge of character 🙂
- Before you leave town, make sure to write the pet sitter a note with all the pertinent details that you had previously discussed. It will be good for them to have the instructions to refer back to while you are away.
- Leave contact information for the vet, as well as, for someone local (like a neighbor or nearby family member) they can call in case of an emergency.
- Remember to write down important codes / passwords for the pet sitter (like for the garage door, TV & wifi) to use during their time of taking care of your pets and home.
- Let the pet sitter know if you have other services scheduled to take place while you are gone (like the housekeeper comes around 2 on Thursdays … or … someone is coming to power wash the deck at 10 am on Monday). Speaking from experience, it’s not fun to be startled … for either party 🙁
Pet Sitting, House Sitting & Pet Care are a few of the many services we offer at Tracy Helps You. Is there any way we can “help” you ?
August ~ the dog days of summer ! There are only a few weeks left to fit in all the things you wanted to do before busy autumn schedules take over. Why is it that time flies by so quickly during the summer and drags by so slowly during the winter?
Hopefully, one of the things you had on your summer To-Do List was a nice vacation to relax and feel refreshed and rejuvenated. If not, we can help you http://tracyhelpsyou.com/planning-your-summer-vacation. It’s not too late, the last-minute deals are sometimes the best bargains. Whether it’s a full fledged vacation, or a quick weekend getaway, you should take one before summer ends! Continue reading