Spring weather is in the air this week, we’ve had quite a few days that have been sunny and in the sixties 🙂
I’ve started my vegetable garden seeds indoors over the weekend. Now I patiently wait to see signs of life. I get so excited when I see tiny bits of green coming out of the soil.
This year I got seeds from a company that specializes in Heirloom Non-GMO seeds. I want to try to save seeds from this years harvest to plant to next year … wish me luck 🙂
Here’s my list of the 7 vegetables I’ll always have in my garden … my standbys for having fresh produce for summer and fall.
- Tomatoes ~ I just love fresh tomatoes … there’s nothing like the first bite of a vine ripened tomato of the season … I’m planting Roma and Grape tomatoes
- Peppers ~ Green Bell Peppers and Jalapeño
- Broccoli ~ Lots of broccoli
- Green Beans ~ I like the kind that climb up a trellis
- Cucumbers ~ I like the burp-less variety
- Carrots ~ I’m actually planting these in large planters, they seem to grow straighter in the softer soil … no rocks means less resistance
- Potatoes ~ This year I’m trying these in a large container as well … hopefully, I’ll be able to just dump the container and pick up the taters