Labor Day Weekend is upon us once again, the unofficial end of summer. I love autumn, but I’m not ready for summer to end just yet.
Time flies by too quickly … I know I say this all the time, but it’s true! I truly believe that the busier you are, the faster times goes by and this summer proves it (for me anyway).
I was so excited when the weather warmed up last May. I had so many things I wanted to do:
- We were going to go camping at least one weekend a month … we went once ☹
- We were going to invite friends over for impromptu get-togethers just hanging out on our patio … we did it once ☹
- We were going to try our hand at kayaking … that didn’t happen ☹
- We got our bikes tuned up for all the riding we were going to do this summer … we went once ☹
- We were going to spruce up some of our landscaping, we even got new solar lights … they are still in the box in the shed ☹
- We were going to have a bigger garden and try our hand at canning … we planted more veges, but didn’t stay on top of the weeding – it looks like a jungle ☹
It’s ok … we have been very busy and when we did have free time, it was either raining or so hot and humid you couldn’t breathe.
One thing we did accomplish (well, it’s almost done – finishing this weekend) is updating our family room. This is our first DIY project that we’ve done. We had fun (“it’s demo day” for any fellow Fixer Upper fans) demolishing the half wall that divided the room from the stairs, it really makes the room seem so much larger. We tore up the ancient tiles and replaced it with newer woodgrain looking floor tiles. We painted the walls in a nice golden hue (bye bye to the old baby blue walls). We got a nice area rug. Saving up $ for a nice new smart TV … maybe Santa will bring us one ?
Like I said, we have been busy, but we have had some fun. The weather is still nice for a while, so who knows? We might still check off some things on my list of fun things to do this summer. I’ll work up my courage to go out into the jungle (aka, the garden) and see what can be salvaged – I’ll keep you posted ?
Time flies ~ seasons change!