It has been a week since I posted my list of tackling spring cleaning early goals. During the week, I worked on re-organizing my cabinets. I started with my Tupperware cabinet … it was a mess.
- First, I emptied everything out on my table.
- Next, I matched each plastic container with its lid. I have no idea how this happens, but I seem to have a few bowls with no lids and a few lids with no bowls … again, I really have no idea 🙂 So, I got rid of them (recycle bin). I also got rid of a few that were in really bad shape … they get all stained and pitted, yuck.
- Then, I decided I wanted them to belong in a different cabinet. They were shoved onto a top shelf before. Their new location has more room. Also, I now have the lids stored in the same cabinet as the bowls. I had them stored in a drawer and they kept falling behind and getting jammed. I used a wire basket to stack all the lids to (hopefully) be easier to find.
- I also decided to divide the containers into everyday leftover/storage size and the larger/serving sizes and stored them in a different cabinet.
- I then took out all my dishes and glassware to wipe down the shelves before putting them back. I tossed a couple of coffee mugs and a plate that had a chip in them.
Boy … on my list it was only a couple of sentences, but it sure was a lot of work 🙂 I’ll work on scrubbing and de-greasing the outsides of the cabinets another time, after all, we still have another 5 or 6 weeks of winter left (if you can believe the groundhog). I’m happy to have my plastic containers more under control … now if only the other members of the family will help in keeping the cabinets organized 🙂
How are you doing on tackling your spring cleaning chores? What is on your to-do list? Give me an update … we can encourage each other 🙂 Let me know if you’d like Tracy Helps You to … help you.
Very inspiring! I’m also working on the kitchen cabinets. Taking a small break from the kitchen to tackle the huge homework area in the family room. We are downsizing to a smaller, sleeker desk I picked from ikea. Trying to declutter that area and get rid of the stacks of paper stuff and binders that we have collected over the years. I’m also going through my Christmas stuff, downsizing the stuff and putting it all into bins instead of the boxes that are disintegrating. Lastly, we are trying to declutter the office and get rid of a desk in there. Guess we have plenty of things to work on during these really cold and snowy days!
You have many plans in motion all at once … keep me posted on your progress 🙂